Friday, July 10, 2015

A Southern Wedding



Besides getting to see my family, one of the main reasons I was flying home was to attend the wedding of my beloved friends: Anna & Blair. I met Anna while studying abroad in London and instantly her Southern charm won we over. But it wasn't just this charm. It's her heart, that is as pure as the first winter snow, which is full of unending generosity and selflessness. It shines bright in everything she does, and that adorable laugh that is like music to my ears. She has a passion for life that is hard to come by and most importantly she loves Christ above all else. What more could you want in a friend?

Although we were only together in London for a short time, we made lifelong memories from going to a crazy London disco, a boat ride on the Thames, snow ball fights with fellow Irish students, exploring countless museums together and even riding a camel on the beach in Morocco together. I can't help but laugh and smile when thinking about these memories. God puts people in our lives that will leave a permanent imprint on our hearts.


This sums up our friendship!


I had the opportunity to visit Anna twice in Georgia and that's when I was able to meet Blair. My first thought when meeting him was, "Are all Southern men as charming as him?!" He brings out a joy in Anna that makes her glow. He treats her like a queen and is also extremely generous, thoughtful and kind. I could not have imagined a better man for Anna to spend the rest of her life with.

My family was invited to the wedding which was a true blessing because it was more time that I was able to spend with them. We drove from Seabrook Island to Augusta for the big day. I had the honor of reading in the wedding.









Anna was glowing with happiness and who could not smile after seeing her red ruby slippers peak out from underneath her dress! There were off and on rain showers but I hear that's good luck for a marriage! I also enjoyed getting to see Anna's mom who I adore. She is seriously the sweetest person!







The ceremony was beautiful, the food was fabulous and the live band was fantastic. The best part of the wedding was getting to be reunited with my London friends are 3 years. That's right, it has been 3 whole years since I studied abroad and met these lifelong friends! Although we were apart for so long, when we are together it's like nothing has changed.


Finally reunited on US soil! 


I feel so incredibly blessed to share in this special day and I look forward to seeing the how Anna and Blair continue to deepen their love for each other through Christ. I am so lucky to have them as my friends and role models. I am also looking forward to another London reunion at Abby's wedding! She just recently got engaged over the 4th of July!



Love being reunited with Kaitlyn! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm going home for my study abroad friend's wedding in November, and this made me look forward to it even more!! Glad you guys had a good time and were able to reunite :)

    ReplyDelete

Translate