Friday, July 10, 2015

Seabrook Island






"Sometimes you never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory."







Before leaving on this vacation, I had never heard of Seabrook Island. It's about a 40 minute drive to Charleston on John's Island. The neighboring island is called Kiawah. Each island has private beaches, pools, restaurants and biking trails. The place we stayed at was like something out of a movie. It was beautiful in every way. We were able to watch dolphins, boats and sunsets from our balcony. We stayed on the marina which was very quiet and private. Now Seabrook Island holds a special place in my heart.


matching shorts


I was reunited with Fr. Jean Luc from St. Vincent


yum, ice cream! 

We spent the days cooking & grilling delicious food, being both pool and beach bums, riding our bikes to the market, exploring Charleston and just enjoying every moment we could as a family. We were able to see fireworks for the 4th of July and make s'mores on the grill. It's hard to put into words exactly how magical this week was. I will let the pictures tell the stories with unending smiles, laughter and priceless memories.



we found a sand dollar!


Sea brook Island private beach 


Exploring Charleston 



finished the puzzle 


fireworks for the 4th 


by far the best hipster restaurant 


craft beer!


In my previous post I mentioned time and how precious it is. This vacation was one of the best vacations ever because we were aware each and everyday of how precious our time together was. It gave us a whole new meaning and look on how we spent our time together. We didn't want to waste even a minute. Time has a way of showing us what really matters.



Thank you Lord for the vacation of a lifetime, cherished memories with the people I love the most and more blessings then I can count. 


This week was something I will hold on to during my hard times during my Peace Corps service. Each moment was better then the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate